THE COLLEGE OF SOCCER
Developing Soccer educators to build the next soccer generation of Athletes.
THE COLLEGE of SOCCER is the Dept. of BFUT – INSTITUTE of SOCCER responsible of promoting and educating anyone interested in teaching the game thru our methodology. The BFUT methodology focus in developing the intelligence of coaches and players. Understanding the importance to step on the field with a good preparation session that will explain the why to apply, when to implement and how to execute each concept of the nine areas of the game – History of the game, sports management, sports nutrition, sports medicine, sports physiology, sports sociology, sports psychology, technical abilities and tactical concepts.
The implementation of the College of Soccer has been the BFUT organization focus since 1977, when its founder and director of education Thadeu Goncalves, as a young player observed that the coaches were just implementing drills, but without explaining how each player could become his/her own coaching by developing the intelligence and the capacity to self-correct the mistakes made during the training or competition. The capacity to make any of the 12 techniques automatic movements. Learn how to play off the ball, always being in the right place at the right time. Make the players unpredictable and effective, consequently establishing organized and competitive teams.
Thadeu Goncalves has dedicated his life to establish the fun, simple and educational methodology to make it happen- it’s Called BFUT Soccer methodology.
It is a combination of the tactical organization of European Soccer with the high technical quality of the South American Soccer, especially observed during the last 30 years in the Brazilian Philosophy.
This combination has been implemented in the top leagues and tournaments around the world.
It is the recommended methodology especially in the North America.
The players must make the best decision available based on their mental speed – The first visual clue that the player will have is the height of the ball (Low, medium low, medium high and high balls). The decision making time from the ball departing from the first attacker (player with the ball) to the 2nd attacker (player that was chosen to receive the pass) must be quickly is possible, to minimize the time of the opposite team to get organized. The second attacker must prepare him/herself to receive the ball. This preparation will require the combination of the three components of the game: 1. Coordinate the body to receive the ball related to its height (lower body most important function is the ball control and use the upper body help with the balance and to facilitate the reception) 2. Use the arms to block the pressure legally 3. Reception (Apply 1 touch to redirect the ball – High level players must be able to redirect the ball with one touch in low – medium low or high balls) or trapping (Need of minimum 2 touches to control the ball – recommended in medium high balls).
This pre preparation is conducted by the player intelligence –
The three ways to develop it are: Consistently playing the game in early ages; Born with natural body coordination for the game and the third one is the intellectual development of the player by the appropriate educational methodology.
With this pre preparation process, the player will be able to become unpredictable, identifying and applying the best decision available by the time the player receives the ball.
The next step now is to apply the Mental Speed
(Capacity of make a decision before receiving the ball). It is based in the 4 basic aspects:
1. Always bring the ball to the ground (exceptions apply) – It is a technical decision. BFUT methodology will cover the 12 techniques and the 4 phases of each one of them.
2. Minimize the number of touches (try to achieve the opposite goal as fast as possible, but safely) without jeopardizing creativity – again is a Technical decision
3. The pass is not done by the player with the ball, but by the player that shows up in an open space to receive it. If everybody is marked and no options available, the first attacker will be forced to dribble or use long passes- these two situations can be predictable and risk there is a of injury and or counter attack. This is the reason that the player with the ball must always look for an option in diagonal defensive, offensive or vertical passes. Square balls area predictable and dangerous. It is extremely important the players understanding that the diamond shape must be established to support the first attacker all the time com (the player with the ball must be able to identify the three options for a short pass: The right side, other to the left side and another in depth, facilitating his/her decision to pass and execute the penetration to create a counter attack when it is possible, and your team must always maximize the number of players in each game situation- Tactical decision
4. Always receiving the ball expecting switch the point of attack. This aspect is one of the biggest challenges when educating your players. Normally the receiver will be facing the player that is executing the pass, it is correct, but when the ball is traveling, the 2nd attacker (player that will receive the ball) should receive the ball with the opposite foot, turning the body to face the opposite side. Not turning body could cause a limitation in the player’s peripheral vision and limited the number of options to execute the pass, and normally all the options available will be under pressure, which could cause losing the ball and risk of injuries. Switching the point of attack with turning the body offensively (when not under pressure) or defensively (when under pressure) will establish a fast unpredictable counter attack, unbalancing the opposite team defense – Tactical decision
The last process to build a high level player is the effectiveness of the Mental Speed: Second phase of the Mental Speed Concept.
We have to get to the point where the player is applying the mental speed all the time, but it is not enough yet to develop the high level player. He/She must now use the player effective decision: It is the player capacity to read the most recommended goal score situation before execute the pass.
This final decision is based on the use of his or her intelligence to identify where the is gap of the field to start the goal situation, understanding that we have six ways to score a goal:
- Individual penetration – 1v1 decisions.
- Tactical combinations – (Tactical schemes).
- Long Crossing with medium high and high balls finishing (increase accuracy – decreasing power- balls inside the 18 yards box).
- Short Crossing with low and medium low finishing (increase the accuracy and decrease the power – balls inside the box).
- Shooting – (Increasing the peer – decreasing the accuracy) – balls coming from out side of the 18 yard box.
- Tactical Strategies- Set plays: Direct, Indirect Kicks, PK and Corner Kicks.
The effective Mental Speed is the capacity of the player not only recognizing the best decision available, but to start the play that will finish in one of the six situations described above.
The brief description of the importance to develop the intellect of the players is one of the areas that The College of Soccer will be preparing you for as an educator (coach) to be able to analyze, identify and correct any problem in any educational area of the game.
The College of Soccer educational curriculum is divided into 3 levels
LEVEL 3 (Introductory)
40 Hours of Education
No interval required to take the level 2
80 Hours of Education
No interval required to take the level 1
120 Hours of Education
BFUT – Institute of Soccer and The College of Soccer is not recognized by any Federation or Association of Soccer. The College of Soccer is an independent educational Institution that believes in making the game fun, educational, affordable and generates real job opportunities to players and educators applying the BFUT Soccer methodology. Also, to be part of the development of the citizen and athlete on and off the field
Together we can promote and educate peace thru the worldwide language of Soccer, Futebol, Futbol, Football, Calcio, etc.